Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Nite Video (Eazy E)

I had a great time at the beach these last three weeks but tonight it's time to get busy! Let's go back tonight and visit one of my favorite rappers from back in the day, Eazy E. Eazy was born and grew up in Compton, California, a town that's produced some of the most hard core, edgiest rappers to date. The middle school there is called Whaley (that's my last name) Middle School so maybe I have family over that way. I mean hey, I like rap! Hard cutting rap at that! Eazy started off after dropping out of the tenth grade (not a smart thing to do kids at home) and forming Ruthless Records. He quickly signed on local talents Dr. Dre and Ice Cube and the three of them started the group N.W.A. Soon after three more guys joined the band including my namesake MC Ren. They released their first album in 1987. A year later in 1988 they released the album Straight out of Compton and gangsta rap was born. I myself was never a big fan of N.W.A but I did like Eazy. His style of rap was more singing then it was rapping. His sound was smooth and funky. During N.W.A's run Eazy released a solo album titled Eazy-Duz-It which was a big success and went double platinum which isn't to bad considering most stations wouldn't play it. Even the N.W.A crew helped out with several of the songs on the album including the one I'm showing tonight. Me, being the cool guy I was, (haha) of course had it. It was one of my all time crank up the volume, lower the bass to window shaking levels tapes at that time. N.WA broke up in 1991 amid internal disputes and arguing but Eazy went on to record and release two more solo albums and a couple ex N.W.A members, Ren and DJ Yella, even contributed to them. Unfortunely, Eazy E, whose real name was Eric Wright, passed away in 1995 from complications from the AIDS virus. A tragic ending for anyone to go through. One thing about Eazy though, he loved making music and he never engaged in the "Im better then you and let me write some songs to prove it" mentality that was so big back then with the east coast vs west coast. He's songs were fast, hard and fun. So here we go. From 1988 its Eazy E and We want Eazy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment