Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Nite Video (Kenny Chesney)

Hey all. Welcome to Friday Nite at Just My Thoughts. Last week I was fresh home from a multi day stay at the beach and I wanna go back!! I miss it sooo much and I'm gonna be going back soon. Last weeks video I did was Ebony Eyes which was shot on a beach and I figured heck, lets keep the beach theme going for awhile. I really do love a good swim in the Atlantic ocean and the feeling of salt on my skin after the water dries. I love the feel of the warm sand under my feet. I love the hot sun and soaking up its rays. I especially love the Florida beaches. Seems the waters just a little clearer, the sands a little whiter and the suns a little brighter. Bonus points are awarded if your on a Florida beach and there's palm trees growing around you. There's nothing quite so therapeutic either as a lazy day spent at the beach. Somehow you can't help but to feel that all is right with the world when you look out at that vast body of water. But oh yeah, tonight's video! While thinking about songs about the beach or ones that featured the beach one of the first one that came to my mind was Anything But Mine by Kenny Chesney. And if you've been watching these videos on a regular basis then you probably remember me saying I would never do a country music song after I did the one video by George Strait. But come on, Kenny's not really country. I would place him in more of a rock category then I would country. Me and the ex saw him perform in 2008 and what a show did he put on! He brought down the house that night. Anything But Mine has always been one of my favorite songs by him and it's basically about a group of friends that has spent the summer together at the beach and they have one more night there before the dude has to be leaving for Cleveland. Hummm, stay to the beach or go to (or back) to Cleveland? Uh, I'm staying at the beach! No brainer! Cleveland means snow and cold. No thanks! Anything But Mine was on Kenny's ninth album called When The Sun Goes Down and it was released all the way back in 2004. Not exactly enough to qualify it as old skool but hey, its a great song and it's shot on the beach. Here's Anything But Mine. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment