Monday, March 7, 2011

My top ten reasons I'm thinking of staying in Lancaster PA and converting to Amishism

As some of you all know, I'm leaving Florida this Thursday and flying up to Philly. My sister Kimberly, who with her husband Nick live about a hour away outside of Reading, is going to pick me up at the airport along with my mom and dad there from Delaware. Several family members are coming up that weekend and we are planning a big blowout meal at one of the Amish family style restaurants over in neighboring Lancaster which is home to several large groups of Amish sects. I'm seriously considering staying there and converting to Amishism since I'm now a single guy and I can basically do whatever I want. Why would I do this? Here's my top ten reasons,


1-Ive always liked wearing suspenders ever since I was a kid and I got a pair like Mork would wear from the show Mork and Mindy.

2-I think being married and making and having 20 kids would be cool.

3-I would like to change my name to Sheb Dufusstolz.

4-The idea of going to bed at 6 and getting up at 2 actually sounds pretty inviting.

5-I enjoy hearty breakfasts, hearty lunches and hearty dinners.

6-I would laugh at the "regular" people at the gas station filling up on 3.50 gas as I rode by in my horse drawn buggy.

7-I think everything tastes better with buttermilk in it.

8-I would be "expected" to smoke a pipe.

9-No more pressure of gift buying for someone since I would never celebrate any more holidays!

And reason number 10? No more of the "Disney Look" policy of clean shaven at all times and I could grow a beard down to my knees if I wanted!

1 comment:

  1. Kookie_1950@yahoo.comMay 23, 2011

    LOL....they are all good reasons and I think you would be a great "amish man". Good luck in whatever you do, because I know you will do it well.

    ReplyDelete