Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Nite Video (George Michael)

February and Friday Nite Videos. As promised, this month I'm going feature videos talking and singing about love. Isn't love what February's all about. Ya got Valentines day there in the middle. My birthdays right before that and I'm a pretty lovable guy (I hope you all think that). Your reading this and I love writing it. I love the fact that Springs right around the corner. So as you can see there's a whole lot of loving in the month of February. This first week I wanted to do a video by that kinda freakish dude known as George Michael. How many different characters has this guy been since he first appeared with Andrew Ridgeley in the group Wham? Remember them? They first appeared in the early eighties and were pop sensations. Their image was squeaky, clean cut fellows out having a good time and enjoyed a lot of success. Remember the CHOOSE LIFE shirts George would wear? I do and I had one! I remember wearing it out on the town and knowing I was the man! Wham put out a long string of hits but in 1984 when they released the album Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go there was a solo single performed only by George titled Careless Whisper and that single quickly hit number 1 on the billboard charts and Wham became a endangered species. Then, in 1986, the band officially broke up and George said see ya to Andrew and started his solo career. A year late Michael released his album Faith and over night he became a superstar. It was the white mans Thriller. Several songs on it hit number 1 and the ones that didn't were at least on the billboard charts. George was adored by the ladies and projected that bad boy image. Then the rumors started flying that he was in fact gay. He denied it. Then said it might be true, then would deny it, then say again he was. He still performs today and has yet to match the success of the album Faith and every now and then you hear about him getting into some trouble. One thing you can be sure of, the man can sing. My favorite song from the album Faith was Father Figure. It's the one I wanted to show for tonight, the first of our four old school love songs. I think the model George is in love with in this video is stunning and this video is 24 years old. Also in the scenes with they are kissing it's passionate enough where you can almost FEEL the kiss yourself. Watch and see for yourself. From 1987 its Father Figure by George Michael. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment