Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Nite Video (Belinda Carlisle)

Continuing with this months love theme, this artist fits right in. Belinda Carlisle. Belinda has had some great songs, plus I love her. Has there EVER been a more gorgeous women singer in the history of music? I think not. And what a voice! Belinda got her start with the all girl group The Go-Go's all the way back when they formed in 1978. In the beginning the group played in clubs and had more of a punk sound then anything else. But, all that changed in 1981 with the release of their debut album Beauty and the Beat. That album gave us the hits Our Lips are Sealed and We got the Beat. Then came their second album Vacation. This album just didn't have the sales like their first one did and in 1984 they released their third album Talk Show which pretty much bombed. In 1985 the band decided to break up. That's when Belinda launched here solo career. Her first one was in 1986 and it was simply titled Belinda. It contained the hit Mad About You, which featured a video where Belinda sported a short, blond sexy hairstyle. For her second album she changed that look to a reddish long haired look. That album was Heaven on Earth and it contained the hit by the same name AND also my favorite Belinda song I Get Weak. All in all Belinda has released seven solo albums. Belinda and the Go-Go's recently got back together and did a reunion tour and she also released a autobiography last year titled Lips Unsealed. My video I'm showing is I Get Weak and that's exactly what I get when I hear and see her sing. She is one hot looking momma! Belinda, PLEASE be my valentines lol. From 1988, it's I Get Weak. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment