Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Nite Video (Pink Floyd-Take it Back)


Hello peeps! Its friday night and that means it my OLD SKOOL VIDEO PICK!!!! This week goes out to a band in a class all to themselves. Pink Floyd. One of my all time favorite bands. How would you classify the music these guys make? Rock? Jazz? Psychedelic? These guys cover all the above. I have two older brothers who are twelve and ten years older then me. They were into early Pink Floyd and I remember playing their PF albums on their stereo when they weren't home.I remember thinking "Wow, these guys are really out there". My brothers had the typical early 70's stereo with the big floor speakers at opposite ends of the room and the sound effects on their albums was incredible. Pink Floyds The Dark Side Of The Moon album stayed on the billboard top 100 list for like a decade. It was and remains one of the most popular albums of all times. Fast forward to 1994. Pink Floyd had just released the album The Division Bell in 1993. Soon after, they announced a concert tour. I and my now ex debated buying the expensive tickets but we did. Wow, what a show! The tour was named the Pulse tour and it was a once in a lifetime experience. We saw them at the old veterans stadium in Philadelphia and we were right on the field not far from the stage. These guys played for three hours! If I never see another concert in my life I can say I was at one of the best ever. It was worth every penny we had spent to be a part of that. The song I picked for this week is from The Division Bell album titled Take it Back. It's also a live version from the pulse tour that we attended. It was soooooo hard to come up with just one song from these guys, I love so many. Anyway here it is. From 1994, Take it Back. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment