Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday Nite Video (Prince)

Hi friends. Can you believe its June already? Pretty shocking for me to think that the year is halfway over. Time flies doesn't it? As for me it's been a interesting week since last last Friday night. I made a new friend. Almost lost a good, longtime friend. Did lose the new friend. Then made up with the old friend (thankfully!). Usually I have these posts always done in advance but not this one! The roller coaster of life was a crazy ride this week. But anyway, back to tonight. I'm taking it back tonight to one of my favorite performers. That would be the entertainer known as Prince. Prince's video The Beautiful One's was the second video I did for Friday Nite Videos. I love the guys music. Always have and always will. He had started out early in the 80's and with 1984's Purple Rain he just took off from there. Every song on that album is great and each one has a different meaning. I like tonight's live performance of one of those songs, I Would Die 4 U! I remember when this video was shown on TV back after it was recorded although I don't remember which channel showed it. I thought it was great then and its still great now. The words to the song are great and as usual Prince sings them with passion and emotion. That's what makes Prince such a special Performer. He puts everything into his music. I like how this performance starts out with Prince shouting out I Would Die 4 U and then screams the name Lisa! He would be referring to the girl in his band The Revolution. He then goes on to name several others including Shelia. That would be Shelia E! The lady that can beat a drum as well as anyone can. Enjoy life and it ups and downs. We only get one and just like it's June 3rd already, it goes all to fast! From 1985, it Prince and The Revolution and I Would Die 4 U. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment