Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Poetry That Sucks

I'm like a pilgrim today,
Searching, looking for a new world.
Disenchanted with this one,
Unable to find a boat, a boat to sail away on.
I'm looking for a new world.

Why do they call it stuffing?
Is it because you feel stuffed when you eat to much of it?
Is it made out of stuff?
No thanks, I'll have some other stuff.
Is it still stuffing if it's not stuffed and cooked in the bird?
Then it would be called placing, like placed in a pan.

As we gather around our dinette set,
we inhale deep and sigh, reflecting.
We are thankful,
for stuff.
Happy that Dad is sober today,
Mom's not crying, yet.
Thankful that my older brother the bully,
finally got whupped by that little sixth grader,
he had been pushing around.
Thankful for the little things,
sis's pregnancy test being negative,
killer, our beloved pit bull,
not being put to sleep after mauling the neighbors kid.
We are also thankful that Uncle Jack is here today,
his prison sentence commuted for good behavior.
Today, we are thankful.

To much turkey
makes me feel murky.
String bean casserole,
filling my bowl.
Mashed potatoes,
and my waist grows.
Add extra gravy,
I know that sounds crazy.
I'm glad it's not me,
that has to get up at three.
AM that is,
And go fight all the crowds.
Rioting and fighting,
over at the Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment