Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday Nite Video (Champaign-How Bout Us)

Hey all! It's Friday night and it's time for some campaign! I'm not talking about the bubbly champaign you drink. I'm talking about that R&B group from the 80's Champaign. Their big hit, the one I picked for tonight, is "How bout us". Remember that song? They released other one's after that but they never came close to the success of "How bout us". I remember back in the day when it came out (1981) our church had rented a bus to take a load of us kids to one of the nearby theme parks for the day. We did this once every year and this song had just come out this one particular year. My best bud growing up, Joel Wharton, would always bring his big box radio (remember those things?) Joel had this tape, that's what we had before DVDs for the younger readers, and he must have played this song a hundred times! He had some other tapes but this was definitely his favorite. Before that night was over I knew every word to that song. I could have been IN the group singing along. It was also amazing to me that these guys had such a smooth sound and four outta the six members were white! White folks getting down and groovy! I didn't know we had it in us! Anyway, from 1981, here's "How bout us". Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment