Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Nite Video (Michael Buble and Laura Pausini)

Hi all! First off, thanks to everyone for checking out these videos and posts that I put on here. Because you do I recently had my 3000th hit! That's incredible and I'm glad you all like it as much as I enjoy writing it and posting those videos. I started this blog on Jan 5th 2010 not really knowing what the heck I was going to write about but I've always wanted to be a writer and I think I have a pretty good sense of humor so I just started writing. Some of it's serious, some of it's funny and some of it's just completely off the wall. I got the idea of showing a video on Friday nights one day when I was thinking back to my teenage years (yes, I can remember that far back) and about this show that would come on TV late on Friday night called, strangely enough, Friday Night Videos. I think it was around 12:00 or 12:30 and it always featured the videos to all the hit songs that were popular that week. So I got to thinking, wouldn't it be neat to do my own Friday Night Video? Except instead of showing videos of songs popular today, I'll show videos that were popular back in MY day. Hence, Friday Nite Videos. I actually always referred to it in the beginning as the Friday Nite Old Skool Video but I think everybody gets the idea by now so lets drop the Old Skool. Now that brings us to tonight. Since I'm dropping the old skool part of the name we're going to cheat a little. Tonight is a new version of a old classic. In 1976 Lou Rawls released You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine and it became the song he was known for. That song sealed his future as a soulful superstar. His version was great and he did a good job on it. But tonight I'm showing a remake that does Lou's version proud. It's a duet from that old favorite crooner of mine Michael Buble and the Italian singing sensation Laura Pausini. It's hot, it's sultry and it's sexy. If you don't know anything about Laura Pausini then check her out on Youtube. She can definitely sing and has a wonderful voice. She's released songs in English, Italian, AND Spanish, French and Portuguese. She's won awards from albums released in each of the languages she knows. Michael was recording a concert for a PBS special back in 2005 when Laura joined him on stage and they sang this. Together, they nailed it. So check it out and see what you think. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment