Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday Nite Video (Dokken)

Tonight we'll be returning back to the Power Ballard theme and we've gonna do it with one of my favorite 80's big hair bands Dokken. Remember talking about the Power Ballard last year? All the heavy metal big hair bands of the 80's had one. It was a unwritten rule that every metal band had to have one and most all of them did. I always liked to throw in one of my Dokken tapes when I wanted to rock out! They formed in the late 70's and had released a couple albums but 1984's album Tooth and Nail was their big breakthrough album. It had several hit songs on it including their required power ballard. Whats really neat about this video is that apparently Dokken was fans of the old Dukes of Hazzard show! Watch in the beginning at the 25 second mark. Someone walks into a motel room and there on the TV is a clip of the good old General Lee racing down a dirt road. And I was just talking about the Duke boys in my last post. Also check out the guys in the band. Pure 80's all the way. You have the ripped clothes, the big, tall hair, slow motion shots of them head banging along to the music, the fans pumping upheld fists. Classic 80's! Like most of these 80's bands that became successful Dokken later split up after everyone in the band started fighting and arguing about the best ways to keep the money flowing in. They broke up in 1989. Since then they have reunited and split again several times with the most recent reunion tour just last year in 2010. They say the might do another one in 2011. I personally haven't been to any of these bands reunion tours but who knows, maybe one day I will. I just think it would be kinda sad to go see some of these aging rockers that are old enough to be my dad up on the stage trying to relive their glory years. For now, I'll stick with the videos. From 1984 its Dokkens power ballard Alone Again. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment