Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012


Well its here. 2012. The new year. A new beginning and start. I don't do new year resolutions. I used to but after breaking all of them about a week into the new year I gave up. At my age Ive already given up most of my bad habits. I'm pretty much the weight I'm probably always going to be. So I don't worry about it. But its 2012!! Didn't 2011 just start not too long ago? And thinking like that, didn't the new millennium just roll around? Remember everyone panicking about Y2K? That was when the calendars were going to roll over to 2000 from 1999 and not one machine or computer was going to be able to do that and everything was going to shut down. Electric plants would shut down. Nuclear reactors would melt. All the banks would close. A dark, horrible apocalypse would follow. People stocked up on food supplies. Men of the households stocked up on guns and ammo to keep the starving masses from attacking them and their families. Doom and gloom was predicting and nothing happened. Most people REALLY watched the new years eve countdown that year expecting the worst and nothing happened. Now we have 11 months to panic about the end of the world coming. Am I nervous about that? Nah, I'm not getting too excited about what some ancient civilization predicted when they couldn't even predict their own demise. A lot of "experts" are even weighing in saying the Mayans never even mentioned 2012. But rest assured people will be worrying, talking heads will be yapping about it and lots of people will do lots of stupid stuff. Stuff that sane people like us will hear and read about and we will just shake our heads in amazement. Before we know it we will be celebrating 2013 and 2012 will be a memory. And we can add the end of the world to the "it never happened category".

No comments:

Post a Comment