Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Nite Video (Willie Nelson)

The rain theme continues here at FNV. Tonight I thought I would feature a music legend, Mr Willie Nelson. What hasn't Willie done? He's a accomplished songwriter and performer. He's been in some movies. I could ramble on and on about all that he has done over the life of his career. The part I like about Willie is he's rough and ragged. He doesn't fit into that "star" mode. He's a rebel, a outlaw of sorts. He's fought with the IRS. He makes no bones about the fact he likes to smoke pot ( I don't agree with that or condone it but he doesn't back down). He throws a huge 4th of July bash every year at his ranch in Austin Texas and opens it up to whoever wants to come. He found early success writing songs that other people became famous for including Crazy sung by Patsy Cline. He released his first album in 1962 and is still performing today. Is he country, folk, rock or what? I'm not sure but I know you can't put old Willie in just one category. He's a little bit of all of them. Here is Willie with Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain, tonight's wet video. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment